A Lifelong Career
Studying Acupuncture means you are starting a career in a profession that's becoming more highly in demand by the day.
At the Canadian College of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine (CCATCM) we believe that Acupuncture doesn’t have to conflict with conventional medicine. We believe the two complement one another.
CCATCM students learn Acupuncture and in doing so also acquire the following skills:
- Acu-Massage Therapy
- Ear (Auricular) Acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theories and Diagnosis
- Fire Cupping Therapy
- Guasha Therapy
- Herbs and Nutrition
- Health Counselling
- Tuina Massage Therapy
- Tai Chi
- Chi Gong
Students enrolled at CCATCM have the option to take our Intensive Two-Year or Three-Year Acupuncture Diploma Programs. They will also find it:
- Is approved by the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education
- Meets provincial, national and international education standards
- Provides a great balance of academic, practical and clinical study
- Offers on-site clinical experience through classroom practice, student clinic, and community outreach clinics
- Has the optional to observe the S-T & L-C Acupuncture and Natural Medicine Clinics and other private clinics
- Only require 2.5 days of classroom studies to support the balance of home life and studies
When you attend CCATCM you not only become an Acupuncturist, but you’ll begin a lifelong career. Some of the benefits for your patients and rewards for you include:
- Acupuncture can help alleviate pain and it can also treat 43 different diseases. It is also effective in treating nausea/vomiting, the side effects of chemotherapy, morning sickness, high blood pressure, allergies, depression, and numerous other conditions
- Couples having difficulty to conceive have turned to Acupuncture. CCATCM’s Dr. Diana Tong Li and Dr. Franklyn Chen have helped over 500 couples have babies during their careers.
An Acupuncturist can treat up to 10 patients per day for $80-$100 per patient and Acupuncture is covered under most health plans. Acupuncturists are also able to work in clinics with chiropractors, doctors, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and naturopaths. They can also enter private practice or work in spas, nursing homes, and in hospitals in some provinces.
To speak to someone about the program send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 902-832-6628.